Job Title: RESTORE Programme Director Country: Syria Response Location: Amman, Jordan Reports to: Syria Programme Director Direct Reports: Senior Cash and Voucher Assistance Coordinator, Food Kits and Bakery Coordinator, Shelter Coordinator (matrix management to WASH Coordinator)
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Master level qualification in social sciences or an equivalent area; OR equivalent senior experience in relevant programmatic areas of food security, WASH, shelter and emergency programming managing large complex humanitarian projects at a senior level.
- Demonstrated experience of management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics (3-5 years)
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
- Strong demonstrable experience in all aspects of programme management including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial management and the design/utilisation of appropriate programme management tools, and the capacity to transfer this experience to others (3-5 years)
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Proven managerial experience in food security and livelihoods, WASH, emergency programming or related fields in a management capacity. (3-5 years)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and collaborate with donors, partners, and stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated track record of working across teams and fostering partnerships across a variety of stakeholders at a senior level.
- Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and to continually reprioritise multiple tasks as a result of new information.
- Travel: Ability and willingness to travel (up to 40%) to Turkey and regionally.
- Experience working in the Syria Response and/or a strong demonstrated understanding of the country context and that of the wider Syria crisis.
- Experience managing FFP/OFDA funded programming specifically emergency or/or resilience focused programme in a conflict/post conflict environment
- Proficiency in Arabic.**
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, under the title: DRS ref number 10798.
Due to the high number of applications received via DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to client's procedures.